12 June 2018
A list of the top 10 worst nightmares for a financial modeller, and how to solve them:
- Cleaning up someone else's models.
- Circular references appearing where you did not expect them.
- The financial model crashes, and you don't have a backup.
- Worksheet compatibility issues.
- A balance sheet that does not balance.
- Changes in accounting standards or applicable fiscal regimes which, in turn, make your life miserable.
- The first time you are asked to build a cash-flow waterfall when the only waterfall you knew was Niagara Falls.
- Clients who have Excel phobia.
- When you are given a financial model in Portuguese and your level of Portuguese is limited to the lyrics of Amar Pelos Dois from Salvador Sobral.
- Being called a data cruncher.
Full article: Financial modeller's 10 worst nightmare