If you work with formulas in Excel, sooner or later you will encounter the problem where Excel formulas don't work at all (or give the wrong result).
In this article, I will highlight those common issues that are likely the cause of your Excel formulas not working.
This tutorial covers:
- Incorrect syntax of the function.
- Extra spaces causing unexpected results.
- Using manual calculation instead of automatic.
- Deleting rows/column/cells leading to #REF! error.
- Incorrect placement of parenthesis (BODMAS).
- Incorrect use of absolute/relative cell references.
- Incorrect reference to sheet / workbook names.
- Circular references.
- Cells formatted as text.
- Text automatically getting converted into dates.
- Hidden rows/columns can give unexpected results.